To qualify for NSA membership, a speaker needs to meet one of the following three qualifications:
- You have received compensation for 20 or more presentations within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements.
- You have given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation: a letter from your employer.
- You have earned $25,000 or more giving presentations (number of speaking engagements does not matter) within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be: contracts, paid invoices, check copies or tax returns showing speaking income.
New Member Investment
The initial fee to join NSA is $600 ($175 initiation fee, plus $425 annual membership dues). This membership investment includes a wide range of great benefits, including:
- One-year subscription to Speaker magazine
- Voices of Experience audio magazine
- Listing in our online directory of speakers
- Discounts to NSA meetings
- $100 non-transferable certificate good toward a future NSA meeting
After your first year, you’ll pay an annual renewal fee of just $425–giving you a whole new year’s worth of Speaker, plus ongoing listings in our speaker directory and discounts to NSA meetings.